The four cities along with several unincorporated areas in Palos Verdes are served by Palos Verdes Unified School District (PVPUSD). The school district is known for its high-quality education system, which makes Palos Verdes one of the best places for raising a family.
Majority of schools within the district are California Distinguished Schools and consistently rank as one of the state’s top schools based on standardized state test scores, including the API and Star 9 tests.
The district administers a current student population of approximately 11,500 students. Students within the district attend two early childhood centers, ten elementary schools, three intermediate schools, two comprehensive high schools, and one continuation school. PVPUSD schools are recognized in local, state, and national levels for maintaining high standards and providing quality education for members of the community. All public schools within the district enjoy great support from many parent volunteers and members of the community, including Lynn Kim, who’s a major donor to the Palos Verdes school district. Likewise, the Peninsula Education Foundation is also active in raising funds to help meet and supplement each school’s classroom needs.
Here are the schools administered by the PVPUSD:
- Miraleste Early Learning Academy (6245 Via Canada, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-732-0922)
- Valmonte Early Learning Academy (3801 Via La Selva, Palos Verdes Estates, CA • 310-791-5078)
Elementary Schools (K-5)
- Cornerstone @ Pedregal (6069 Groveoak Place, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-378-0324)
- Dapplegray (3011 Palos Verdes Drive North, Rolling Hills Estates, CA • 310-541-3706
- Lunada Bay (520 Paseo Lunado, Palos Verdes Estates, CA • 310-377-3005)
- Mira Catalina (30511 Lucania Drive, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-377-6731)
- Miraleste Satellite & Early Learning Academy (6245 Via Canada, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-732-0922)
- Montemalaga (1121 Via Nogales, Palos Verdes Estates, CA • 310-378-5228)
- Point Vicente School (30540 Rue de la Pierre, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-377-6972)
- Rancho Vista (4323 Palos Verdes Drive North, Rolling Hills Estates, CA • 310-378-8388)
- Silver Spur (5500 Ironwood Street, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-378-7674)
- Soleado (27800 Longhill Drive, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-377-6854)
- Sunrise (3801 Via La Selva, Palos Verdes Estates, CA • 310-791-5078)
- Vista Grande (7032 Purpleridge Drive, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-377-6066)
Intermediate Schools (6-8)
- Miraleste Intermediate School (29323 Palos Verdes Drive East, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-732-0900)
- Palos Verdes Intermediate School (2161 Via Olivera, Palos Verdes Estates, CA • 310-544-4816)
- Ridgecrest Intermediate School (28915 Northbay Road, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA • 310-544-2747)
- Palos Verdes High School (600 Cloyden Road, Palos Verdes Estates, CA • 310-378-8471)
- Palos Verdes High School (27118 Silver Spur Road, Rolling Hills Estates, CA • 310-377-4888)
- Rancho del Mar High School (38 Crest Road West, Rolling Hills, CA • 310-377-6691)
In addition to its award-winning schools, Palos Verdes also has Palos Verdes Library District (PLVD), an independent special-purpose library district serving the Peninsula’s four cities.
PLVD libraries are:
- Peninsula Center Library (Rolling Hills Estates)
- Malaga Cove Library (Malaga Cove)
- Miraleste Library (Miraleste)
- The Annex (Rolling Hills Estates)
PLVD works together with Palos Verdes Unified School District to improve the quality of education for students. It also works in conjunction with Palos Verdes Chamber of Commerce to support various local businesses.
Membership fees, funds raised through book sales and events, and profits from the Library Shop at the Peninsula Center Library are used to support the programs and services of all libraries, including the Summer Reading Program, internet access, additional items and equipment, the Library Update newsletter, and more.